Week Fourteen: The Future of Comics

I absolutely love web comics! I've loved web comics since I was in middle school. I even thought about starting my own web comic several times (except I can't write). Comics I personally like are Cucumber Quest, Sakana, Gunshow, Cyanide & Happiness, Ava's Demon, Nimona, Witchy, Devil's Candy, Saint for Rent.

Some of the web comics I read that really influenced me were the comics from MS Paint Adventures, creator of comics like Homestuck, Bard Quest, and Problem Sleuth. The format of how these comics worked really intrigued me. It was a more interactive way to read, since you could really interact and choose what to do (at least in the beginning).

This really made me think about how good web comics are as a format. Web comics are an easy way to publish for independent or freelance artists. It can be free (as I've done some research before when I tried to start my own web comic) when you use a website like Smack Jeeves.

I think that web comics, for the future of comics, is an amazing medium. It allows a lot of artists to start their own comic and express themselves. It's also great to see how webcomics evolve--like I can read Bittersweet Candy Bowl and see how the art style changes and evolves. I also think web comics are allowed a lot more freedom than traditional comics (not including indie comics in things like zines).

Comments